Through personalized product recommendations on an e-commerce store, you can increase sales and influence customers to purchase additional items and so it is termed as one of the best ways to make more money. This is the feature allowing customers to check out some other items too that is based on the products they have already purchased or are interested in any specific. However, ways to suggest recommendations are many and different, some of the ways are more effective than others. To boost your sales the most, and delivering the best user experience to your customers, researching the different ways of making personalized product recommendations is a good idea. You will have to spend time reviewing its data and then figure out which is the most effective method out of all.
Even don’t bother to chat with the representatives of a faster-growing Wordpress website design company - SFWPExperts if what you are doing for your online business is not working out as it should. With plenty of experience in eCommerce designing and development, we are going to well cure the technical glitch that your site is suffering from.
Do researches and find out the most effective method for personalized product recommendations.
In July 2015, a data report on different types of product personalization methods and its effectiveness was produced by Barilliance ( an eCommerce personalization recommendation engine ). Using data came from eCommerce websites that have put in use the Barilliance personalized product recommendations engine, the data was the collection of 1.5 billion shopping sessions in more than three months in 2015. The data included in the report was from a variety of different stores in many countries, selling a wide assortment of products.
Facts Stated In The Report Was -
The most revenue-generating recommendation is - “Visitors who viewed this product also viewed”
- Out of all the sites surveyed, showing customers the products that are viewed by other similar customers generated 68.4% of the total revenue.
- Besides, this type of recommendation was used by 57.5% of sites that made it the most used type of personalized product recommendation.
“Visitors who viewed this product ultimately bought” was also successful recommendation
- Using this type of recommendation, 25.1% of all revenue was generated by the eCommerce sites.
- However, this type of recommendation was used by only 7.3% of sites.
The third most revenue generation recommendation was - “You might also like”
- This recommendation generated 16.1% of revenue.
- And among all sites, 42.5% used this type.
In the real world, as you can see some highest revenue-generating recommendations are not the most common ones. On the contrary, some most used methods are not the most effective also. For consideration take
“Customers also bought” recommendation. 30.9% of all sites have made its use but it generates only 7.9% of the total revenue.
What do these stats show? Choosing the right type of personalized product recommendations is important than the most common ones.
Create effective personalized product recommendations
- As extracted from the above-presented data, the effectiveness of a product recommendation varies, and purely depends on the way it is presented. To boost sales of your e-commerce business, you will have to take the time in making sure that you create effective personalized product recommendations.
Relevant suggestions presentation
- More likely customers purchase the relevant products and this obvious. However, you have to measure and react to the behavior and preferences of customers for making the relevant suggestions.
- Taking an example, if a customer has developed an interest in large size shirts, that time currently available to order large size shirts should be only shown as the recommended shirts. The suggestion of shirts that are currently available in small sizes could frustrate the customers.
Using engaging recommendations
- For the customers, it is important to make appealing recommendations. Numbers of ways are there to do it that includes showing high-quality images or product details on the recommendation page, rather than directing the customers to click through to a new page for finding this information.
Don’t try to distract the customer
- It matters when and how you make recommendations. Customers can get distracted or give a second guess to their purchase decision when you recommend other products on a “product details” page or the page of the customer’s cart. This could make a customer less likely to purchase from your site.
Give out options and control to customers
- Many people feel wary, skeptical or concerned about the amount of their personal information available with the companies.
- Holding on to this in mind, it is very important to give them privacy options such as the convenience for deleting their browsing history or a way to leave feedback on the shown recommendations.
Remember customer service
- It could be a tempting step to set up a robust and effective personalized product recommendation system and make this system the sole way how you provide service to your customers, however, many customers don’t want it.
- Providing your customers other helping ways such as detailed FAQs, live chat or a 24/7 phone number for calling with questions is pretty crucial for delivering delighting opportunities to your users.
Understanding your target prospects is like keeping yourself in their’s place and then see what I want to have, what is getting shown to me, which of the features are irritating me, how cost-cutting tips are helping me while purchasing, what will be a good service to me and the most important what should I look upon for a credible eCommerce website. Sometimes managing all these for best can be the head eating task so, what we have for you is the expert’s group of web design Los Angeles company - SFWPExperts - The Immediate Success Achiever. We don’t want your assignments to be hampered if already scheduled. So be at your comfortable moment and throw out your queries through phone or email lines to us.
Google My Map: